Shop Local Campaign
In the United States, 50% of small businesses could close by February 2021. It’s a national problem, and the PPP/EIDL that businesses are currently living off of are both drying up. We MUST do something locally to support the small businesses that make our city so vibrant. With things like holiday markets and annual shopping events cancelled, people are shopping online rather than locally.
We’ve been speaking to small business owners and they say that they’ll make it through the holidays, but they’re afraid of what January and February have in store for their business. They’ve used words like devastating, worse than 2007/2008, demoralizing—we’re beginning to write obituaries for businesses that have been around for decades. If we could just get to the anniversary of COVID and turn the corner. Our Midlands community needs a branded support local campaign to remind our neighbors to shop local. We have the engine to get the work done—you have the fuel. Will you join us?
We are looking for community champions to join forces with Nephron Pharmaceuticals, First Citizens Bank, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Columbia Economic Development and ByFarr Marketing & Design.
WHAT IS IT?
A 4 month campaign to get the small business community to the anniversary of COVID: November 12–March 13.
• Compelling & inspiring 1 minute videos to tell the story of small business community & instill Midlands Community pride
• Large Social Ad Campaign - YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, we will work with local influencers as well to share the message
• Billboard Campaign (Midlands)
• Digital Campaign (we’ll work with Cola Today)
• Partnership with print/radio/tv
• Posters & fun stickers in every local business
For more information on this community campaign, please email Brynley@byfarr.com.